Saturday, 16 February 2013

TIER 4 VISA Census Point! Important for Non-UK/EU Students!!!

Census Point 2: 2012/13 Semester 2 Week 5 (11-15 February 2013)
 It's time again for non EU/UK students with Tier 4 visas to go for the Census Point this semester.
What you need to do:

1) Ensure that you are already fully matriculated in the university:

You can check this by going to MyEd -> Studies -> Program of study box should say whether you're registered and matriculated. This is an important first step as your student visa will be invalidated if the University does not confirm your attendance by 5 weeks after the start date.

More info about matriculation:

2) You MUST report in person...:

 Undergraduate students: must report to the designated places (will be detailed below) during
Week 5 (11-15 February 2013) of Semester 2.

Postgraduate students: must report to the designated places (will be detailed below) during either Week 5 (11-15 February 2013) of Semester 2  AND during the summer (dates TBC) to confirm your attendance again.


Old College, South Bridge: Academic Registry: 11th – 15th February 2013, 9.30am - 4.30pm

King’s Buildings: Student Information Point.James Clark Maxwell Building: 12th and 14th February 2013, 10.00am - 4.00pm

Little France: Seminar Room 5, 13th February 2013, 10.00am – 4.00pm

Easter Bush Room 1.24, 15th February 2013 10.00am – 4.00pm

Old College:
James Clerk Maxwell Building:
Peter Wilson Building:
Little France, Chancellor's Building:
Easter Bush:

3) Remember to take with you

a) University of Edinburgh student card

b) Passport and visa

c) Biometric card (if you have one)

As mentioned before, the Census is crucial as you will be withdrawn from the University and removed from the UK if you fail to do the Census. If your passport lasts more than 6 months, you will have 60 days to leave the UK if you fail to do the Census.

If you cannot attend:

Due to illness, fieldwork, research work, placement etc: you must inform the Academic Registry: you are ill, you must provide a medical certificate and you must report as soon as possible in person to Academic Registry.

If you have interrupted your studies, make sure you are listed as such on MyEd as you are not expected to attend the Census.

More information can be found here:

No comments:

Post a Comment